Watercolor Diorama / Shadow Box

Last night, I decided to try my hand at making a shadow box diorama in watercolor. I repainted a bear illustration that I painted flat last year sometime and planned it out to do in layered stages. It's a simple diorama with only three layers, but it gave me a chance to think outside the box, but inside this box. The box being an old toolbox drawer that I had laying around in the garage with random nails and screws filling it.

I plan to do some more of these in the near future. I like the medium and want to do some more intricate designs. I certainly have plenty of old drawers and cigar boxes laying around, just waiting to be upcycled.

Brown Bear Diorama

This weekend, I'll be headed to the hardware store to see about putting a thin plexiglass front on the box.

Comments

Popular Posts