Misc. Sketches

I've been pretty busy lately, so haven't posted much. In what little spare time I've had, I've knocked out a few sketches and spread some canvas and paint on the canoe project (post to follow).

My friend Sarah W., who I've known almost as long as I've lived in Springfield (I moved here from Florida in the fall of '94), she asked me to do an art piece for her father. Her brother died a year ago and around the time of the funeral in Colorado, her dad fell in love with the aspen trees out there. This is to be framed and given to him at the anniversary of his passing, later this month.

Aspens

Less story to this one. My friend Joe T. gave us some eggs off of his farm east of town. We've since eaten them, but before that, I made a sketch.

Eggs

Saturday, the Ozarks Celebration Festival on MSU campus was in full swing. I took a couple of hours to run over there and sketch bluegrass musicians.

Lonnie Hoppers, he used to play with Bill Monroe.

Sketching bluegrass musicians at Ozarks Celebration Festival on MSU campus.

A 14-year-old girl and possibly her grandfather. Not sure exactly.

Sketching bluegrass musicians at Ozarks Celebration Festival on MSU campus.

Lastly, Redbridge Bluegrass.

Sketching bluegrass musicians at Ozarks Celebration Festival on MSU campus.

Fun fact: That little red blotch above Lonnie Hoppers is what happened to a tiny red spider that refused to be blown off the page. Flicking it away didn't quite work out like I planned.

Comments

Popular Posts