Spring has sprung and stuff

image

Spring is here, we've already had a few hail storms, the daffodils and tulips have popped up, the redbuds and dogwoods are in bloom, squirrels and robins hurl themselves suicidally in front of my car whilst chasing the ladies, neighbors have been firing up the backyard grills and it's been nice enough to start doing outside stuffs with the family. We've been on bike trips to the park, dogs walks, Easter at the cousins' house with egg hunts and catching critters in the garden, generally making the most of things.

image

image

image

Easter critter catching

Also, I've started training for the MS150, a charity event benefiting the multiple sclerosis research. Thursday evening I rode my bicycle 14 miles on the South Creek Greenway and another 13 miles on Saturday morning. I have a feeling it's going suck up most of my free time this summer. But, it's for a good cause and I'll be forced to get myself in better shape. Should prove to be an interesting little adventure, 75 miles from Crane, Missouri to Joplin on a Saturday in September and 75 miles back the next day. I plan to camp in the high school gymnasium with the majority of the participants. I have friends getting hotel rooms, but I kind of want to commit whole-hog to the event. I'll be raising a minimum of $200 towards the charity ahead of time.

I started training for the MS150 bike ride from Crane, Missouri to Joplin. Starting small. So far, a 13 mile ride and a 14 since Thursday.

I started training for the MS150 bike ride from Crane, Missouri to Joplin. Starting small. So far, a 13 mile ride and a 14 since Thursday.

Speaking of charities, my wife Abby, will be shaving her head in July. She has committed to the American Cancer Society's "Shave to Save" event and is about a third of her way to raising $2000 for cancer victims and the privilege of embarrassingly shaving her head on stage in front of a large audience. It'll be kinda weird for a little while but I'm proud of her for her sacrifice for something bigger than herself. She is truly a selfless and amazing person, I'm very lucky to have her.

Abby

If you're interested in donating, please do here?

Comments

Popular Posts