Macrame for Dudes

Net needle

When I got home Saturday from Michigan, I had a letter from the state saying that I needed to fill out another form and send them six more dollars in the mail to register my outrigger sailing canoe. The first forms and fees were even filled out by the local DMV and I sent them sometime around the 6th of June, so I'm not real happy about a further wait killing my summer sailing season. But, rather than bitch about state government bureaucracy that gets you nowhere even worse than the actual bureaucracy, I'm whiling away the time by working on a net hammock trampoline for my outrigger canoe.

It seemed like a good idea when I started, but is taking quite a bit of time to see results. The final net should measure about seven feet by 20 inches. The good news is that I'm getting pretty handy with a sheet bend and I made the netting needle myself. It's like macrame for those afraid to say, "Yeah, um, I do macrame."

net outrigger trampoline in progress

net outrigger trampoline in progress

net outrigger trampoline in progress

Comments

Popular Posts