C12 templates and such

Making the templates out of thin underlayment. We'll trace these on to our framing plywood, later.

I'm making templates for the skin-on-frame kayaks we are going to build this winter. They are sketched out onto the thin underlaymant and I'm cutting them out to trace onto our framing plywood later. Hopefully speeding up the process of building two kayaks at the same time. This way we only have to measure it all out but once. I've been sketching everything out after my daughter went to bed, pretty much every night for the past week or so. The cuts I have done here, I made on my lunch hour today.

Making the templates out of thin underlayment. We'll trace these on to our framing plywood, later.

Also, I ordered artificial sinew from Kudzu Craft on Friday, today is Monday and I got it in the mail just before my lunch hour. That's fast service!!!

What we'll be using to hold the kayaks together. No glue or screws, if possible. Just artificial sinew.

The pad eyes came from Bass Pro Shops. We took the kiddo up to see the fish and turtles on Sunday morning and I found these down by the pacu tank and canoe/kayak stuff. I need to pick up two more boxes for the second boat, though. They will be for the shock/bungee cord deck rigging.

Nylon pad eyes for the deck rigging.

Also, much thanks to Dave Gentry for the Chuckanut 12 plans.

Comments

Popular Posts