The New Ride/Outrigger Canoe Update

2003 Subaru Outback

I bought a 2003 Subaru Outback on Saturday. Once again, I have transportation of my own. With that huge roof and rack, plus plenty of space inside, it should be a good car for camping, hiking, canoeing, kayaking, sailing, etc. Basically all of the outdoor activities I like to do and hauling a small family around from point A to point B and back.


painting the boat

Also, I've nearly got the main hull, iakos (cross beams), steering oar and leeboard of the outrigger painted. I'm buying epoxy and glass for the foam ama in the next few days, so I'll be scrapping the solid wood idea. One other decent thing about the vehicle having been totaled, I have a little money leftover to finish this thing out.

I decided to go with the same white/almond color combo as the last boat, my pram dinghy. The paint was pretty cheap and I like the way the almond color cuts glare. You can see my crap job of glassing the canoe hull through the paint, but I really don't care.

Comments

Popular Posts